Friday, August 2, 2013

Fabric & New Friend

Some women like to buy shoes. Or clothes. Me likey fabric!

This is some fabric I got today for the trailer.  Will make yo-yo's for pillows, quilt and bunting.  Now if I could just make room to set up the sewing machine...


But something cool happened while I was at the fabric store...



As I was standing at the counter having the fabric get cut, there was another gal there getting fabric and I commented on her colors and asked what project she was doing..  It came up that I was using the fabric for a vintage trailer, and she informs me that she has a vintage Winnabego....and it's out front in the parking lot....and she lives in it full-time!  I was so excited, and she let me come inside to see "Winnie" and we chatted for a bit.  I was so intrigued by her story and the reason(s) she chose to be a full-time RVer.  She is writing a book and I look forward to the day I can read it!

I wish I would have taken her picture next to Winnie, but didn't think of it till later. 

But it is just so cool to me, how the majority of us who own vintage trailers (or things) and how we are truly "cut from the same fabric"!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there... I followed you here from a vintage trailer site. I have looked all over the internet for trailer fabric, and there it is with you!! What fabric store were you at, please??? Please tell??? Love the design ideas with the yo-yos... I didn't care for them until last week, I was in a quilt shop called Thimble Cottage in Rapid City, SD, and they had a yo-yo coverlet in the loveliest colors. Have fun with yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heath.

      This fabric store is located here in Orange County, CA and they don't have website store or anything.

      But you can find that trailer print fabric online if you Google "Mary Jane Glamping" by Moda Fabrics. I have seen it on eBay and Etsy as well. Best of luck!

      Delete