Monday, July 29, 2013

Making Some Progress!

Woot Woot, making some progress!

I went to the trailer yesterday.  Making progress and moving along:  The rotted and damaged flooring in the rear replaced, the rotted wood frames and panel was replaced with new frames and reinforced including new insulation, and a shiny new piece of interior birch paneling installed!  Can't wait to get in there to start sanding and shellac-ing.  (...I say that now, but I'm sure after hours of sanding and shellac-ing I will be a whining wuss about it).  





 Skin is put back on the right side


Now, Dave is starting to work on the Left side.

I started practicing my shellac-ing skills, or lack thereof.  The left piece is a scrap of the new birch and right is an old scrap piece from the trailer.  It has a lot more grain than the new stuff.  Plus, it has like a light white wash to it, even when sanded it is still visible.  Not sure how I'm going to be able to match up the look to it.  Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment