Friday, June 7, 2013

Why Am I Obsessed With Finding a Vintage Trailer?


Am I NUTS!?
Why on earth have I been so obsessed with procuring a vintage travel trailer.  I don't want to have to look at one more lame Craigslist ad for the rest of my life with it's awful grammar, terrible spelling, blurry or tiny photos (if there are any photos at all).  Don't get me started about the lack of images for one to even make an assessment if they want to be slightly interested.

So in my search in addition to CL ads (if you are serious about your search I highly recommend getting the Craigslist + Pro app which makes the search so much easier to search the entire US), I would also check other sites that listed trailers for sale such as Tin Can Tourists, Vintage Trailer Talk ForumVintage Campers for Sale Group on Facebook and occasionally eBay

I was doing this every day. For months. On the hour. I was a crazy lady.

All the owners of their own vintage trailers would give sage encouragement about being patient in the hunt, that it will happen when it's right and the trailer will find you.

And mine did find me.


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you didn't lose hubby over this obsession. I realize it isn't over but it's a good sign so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic blog. Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete